I was rushed to the hospital on the 3rd of January 2012. After my experience I know what it Is like, not to be able to move or speak. As a result, I want to make a difference to help bring Awareness of Life after Stroke.
Two years and a half later, I realize that recovery is a long process. It takes time, patience, and everything you have got.
When something bad happens, I believe you have three choices to make,
You can either allow it to Define you, Destroy you or Strengthen you.
And as a result, I don’t dwell anymore on who I used to be but only focus on what I can be. Kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”I was given such a great gift. It’s a miracle that never stops amazing me and reminding me to give thanks to God, every day.
I want you all to ”Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation”. Amen.
MICHAEL AND FRANCISCA FOUNDATION
Will see that:
- To build hospitals where stroke patient will be treated and taken care of
- Ensure that the Government should be able to PASS A BILL on the treatment of stroke, if possible free treatment
- Government should be able to give free medicine or at a reduceprices for individual affected by stroke
- Demand a partnership to construct Rehabilitation center.
- Run Stroke support group
- Provide social support groups, which have been shown to have a positive impact on rehabilitation
- Will develop information about stroke through Website, Social media, Television and Radio
- Stroke Awareness Ambassador
- Help people who make decisions about stroke care understand what is important to the people affected by stroke
- Help stroke professionals communicate better with people affected by stroke
- Advocate and act on behalf of people affected by stroke
Some of the topics which we will discuss with stroke victims
- Dealing with Finances after Stroke
- Addressing the risk of post stroke Depressor
- Meeting people with similar injuries and sharing ways to recover fromstroke
- Dealing with post stroke fatique
From my findings,
- There is an increase number of stroke and many people with diability after stroke
- Lack of awareness and organizationin dealing with the effect of stroke
- To prevent stroke and reduce their effect through campaigning, education and research
- To prevent stroke by promoting healthy life styles
- Increase awareness and acknowledgmentof stroke to get people talking about it
- Promote awareness on stroke by educating the public